Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

I have an old book that I can't find on Amazon or any of the

Customer Question

I have an old book that I can't find on Amazon or any of the other book seller sites. The book is The Preshus Child by Belle Travers McCahan. It is copyright 1908 by Cochrane Publishing Co. New York. There are no marks in the book (not x-library). Binding is tight.
Can you help me find out if this book has any value?
Thank you
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

At your convenience, please send an image of the cover and title/publisher page(s).

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

You have a first edition printing of what is labeled as a rare and antiquarian book. Values on these, depending on subject matter and condition, can be in the $100 - $500 range. I highly recommend contacting specialty book auction companies and dealers for an estimate in value so as to gain a consensus opinion.

Here are some suggestions of companies to contact; it is free to contact them through their sites.

Bauman's Rare Books in Manhattan -

PBA Rare Book Auctions in San Francisco:

Swann’s Auction Galleries:

Bloomsbury London:

Heritage Auctions:

Australian Book Auctions:

Dominic Winter Auctions:

Bonham’s Book and Manuscripts Dept:

Feel free to add images at your convenience, there is not an additional charge for photos here.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.