Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

My Father just passed away and he has three paintings by

Customer Question

My Father just passed away and he has three paintings by David Mercade, or Mercode. My father met him in 1956 while visiting Spain. This artist painted two which I believe could be watercolor painting, but I am not sure. They are of the narrow streets in Spain, there are two of them and another larger painting of a large ship. He gave all three if these to my Father and I was wondering if someone could help me get an appraisal on them to put insurance on them. They are the originals and I believe he only painted these and gave them to my Father as they became friends. My name is***** and I live in Wisconsin, my phone number is(###) ###-####or my email address is***@******.***.
I appreciate your time on this matter,
Linda M Specht
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and back of frame so that I can get visual clues of the date, artist, framing construction and value.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

You have paintings by a Spanish artist whose full name is***** His watercolor paintings sell at auction for $400 - $500 and the suggested insurance or replacement value for each is $1000. If the larger painting is also watercolor, then insure for $1500 - $2000. Feel free to add images at your convenience, there is not an additional charge for photos here.

I have also sent a premium service offer for a phone call which you can choose to accept if like.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.