Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

I have an Giuseppe Armani " Florence" sculpture. It looks

Customer Question

i have an Giuseppe Armani " Florence" sculpture. It looks like "a Lady with wheelborrow & flowers" but, it is painted. The dress is a turquoise "mosaic", hair brown, flowers prink. Looks like a g.Iriway stamped on it, also c 1987 FLORENCE. I can't find it in the several places I looked. Thank you for helping me figure this out.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is Glenda,
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, appraising, antique shop owner, buying and selling on today's current market. Buying and selling everything from elegant glassware to the most primitive of items and so much more to include books. I will do all I can to find out the most information on your item and the value for you. I have access to many data bases, and extensive current library of price guides, as well as access to leaders in the field of antiques and personal property. If another expert should happen to get on your question after my response to you, it is your right to let them know you are working with me. If you wish to continue working with me .
Are you wanting the current market value for this ? What size is it?

Hello my name is Glenda,
This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!
The Lady with Flower Cart, 1987 Giuseppe Armani Figurine has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $250.00-350.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you.
It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site.

As appraisers we do not work for the Just Answer Site. After being verified we are allowed to come to the site to answer customer's questions
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give. Clicking one of the stars or smiley faces is very much appreciated. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
:) ( smiles )

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Based on actual recent past sales, this vintage Giuseppe Armani figural sells for $75 - $175 on today's auction market. Here are links for you to the most recent past sales of comparables.

This one sold for $79.99 in February 2016

This one sold for $175 in May 2014:

You can, however, ask any price you please on an item you own, they key factor is finding a buyer at your asking price.

Bear in mind that an ‘asking price’ is one that has not been sold yet and a true sale value is based on actual past documented sale records.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.