Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

I have my grandmothers Heinrich halbig jointed doll. She was

Customer Question

I have my grandmothers Heinrich halbig jointed doll. She was born 1899. Wondered how much she was worth
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls.
I give my best answers in writing when I have time to think about them.
Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me.

If another professional enters our exchanges, feel free to tell them that you are working with me if you wish.

On today's auction market your doll would sell for $170-180. If you have her full clothing, then she could be worth as much as $2000 at auction.

Online auctions like eBay generally bring wholesale selling prices.

If you would like to sell close to retail , some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites. - small fees - 20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.
Amazon Marketplace:

These sites are excellent and more upscale but fees are higher. I only recommend them if you have several items to sell.

A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.

This means that your doll, as pictured, could have an asking retail price of

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" at the first of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thankyou for your response Doris. You answered my question. Rate 10

Please rate with the 5 stars you should see on your screen.

Kind regards,

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Kind regards,

If you have any questions about the site, you may contact customer help at this address: