Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a windsor art abstract number cp61402---is it worth

Customer Question

i have a windsor art abstract number cp61402---is it worth anything?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: the piece is very heavy, painted in pastels on wood, and has a larger board behind it that is textured like stucco
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: it has a mate, numbered 61401, very similar. both have a number 92 as a "description" number
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is Glenda,
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, appraising, antique shop owner, buying and selling on today's current market. Buying and selling everything from elegant glassware to the most primitive of items and so much more to include books and art. I will do all I can to find out the most information on your item and the value for you. I have access to many data bases, and extensive current library of price guides, as well as access to leaders in the field of antiques and personal property. If another expert should happen to get on your question after my response to you, it is your right to let them know you are working with me. If you wish to continue working with me .
.

What size is this?

Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

Vintage Windsor Art Abstracts with order numbers have decorative wall art value, however they do not have value in terms of fine art investments like a Warhol or Picasso. Pastels with stucco were used primarily in the 1980's and Windsor Art produced wall art for homes and businesses in an assembly line type setting. Depending on the size, these can realistically sell for $100 - $400 for the pair on today's market. They may be priced higher at retail as any owner can place any asking price on an item they own.

Bear in mind that an ‘asking price’ is one that has not been sold and a true sale value is based on actual past documented sale records.

Feel free to add images at your convenience, there is not an additional charge for photos here.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Hello my name is Glenda,
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, appraising, antique shop owner, buying and selling on today's current market. Buying and selling everything from elegant glassware to the most primitive of items and so much more to include books. I will do all I can to find out the most information on your item and the value for you. I have access to many data bases, and extensive current library of price guides, as well as access to leaders in the field of antiques and personal property. If another expert should happen to get on your question after my response to you, it is your right to let them know you are working with me. If you wish to continue working with me .
.
This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!
.

After researching Art Data Bases, my Art Books, and sites, I found that the Windsor

Art Abstract Painting with the number cp 61402 has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $700.00-850.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. They are no longer in business. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you.
.
It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site.
.

As appraisers we do not work for the Just Answer Site. After being verified we are allowed to come to the site to answer customer's questions
.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give. Clicking one of the stars or smiley faces is very much appreciated. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.
.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
:) ( smiles )
.
Glenda