Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

I have a perfect set of 92 pieces of the Rosenthal Pompadour

Customer Question

I have a perfect set of 92 pieces of the Rosenthal Pompadour China set.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Bought it in Shaun berg Germany in 1956
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: What is the value please?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

On today's market, a vintage 1950's 92 piece china set by Rosenthal in the Pompadour pattern consistently sells for a high average of $2250 - $3000 at auction.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The china has a gold edge on its perimeter. Does this change your appraisal value or was this inferred in the initial estimate?Thank you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The owner of the china is an elderly relative in Chicago. What is the most profitable and easily manageable method for him to sell this china at a premium price?Thank you