Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I just acquired a simplex clock I believe is 1918. T s clock

Customer Question

I just acquired a simplex clock I believe is 1918. T his clock is not a time recorder it is only a time only clock, it is 61 inches tall and about 22 inches at the crown. It has 2 winding arbors both for time and 2 hand dials that are wind indicators, I am interested in knowing what this clock is and its value
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is Glenda,
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, appraising, antique shop owner, buying and selling on today's current market. Buying and selling everything from elegant glassware to the most primitive of items and so much more to include books. I will do all I can to find out the most information on your item and the value for you. I have access to many data bases, and extensive current library of price guides, as well as access to leaders in the field of antiques and personal property. If another expert should happen to get on your question after my response to you, it is your right to let them know you are working with me. If you wish to continue working with me .

.

Is there any more to your clock? These are time recorder clocks, like the first time punch clock for workers.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello Glenda, in the last 40 years I have owned 150 plus clocks including 5 time recorders. this is not a time recorder its a time clock but not a recorder at least as I understand the term. I have rarely run into so little info on a clock company that was in business for 100 years that is why I thought I would try your site. thanks Chuck

Chuck

I found a clock that looks just like yours, but it sits on top of a box in that box are the workings of the recorder. The clock looks just like the one you have. This is why I thought it would be the time recorder clock they made.

Here is one that looks like yours I am not sure if you have seen this:

https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/decorative-objects/clocks/wall-clocks/simplex-time-recorder-clock-machine-age/id-f_3082962/?utm_content=test&gclid=CIeKw7jukM0CFQiUaQodesEOsA

Here is one also:

https://www.antiqueclockspriceguide.com/pages/clock2033.php

https://www.popscreen.com/prod/OTUyODUzOTY=/Antique-Oak-Case-SIMPLEX-Time-Clock-eBayhttps://www.popscreen.com/prod/OTUyODUzOTY=/Antique-Oak-Case-SIMPLEX-Time-Clock-eBay

I will continue searching to see if I can find one that is just like the one you have.

Glenda

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi again Glenda,
The first time recorder you have pictured I have owned, and if memory serves the length is 36 to 38 inches tall, the one we are researching is 61 inches tall. The one we are researching is 22 inches wide at the crown and the one pictured is somewhat less. Also, the one we are researching has wind indicators on it. I have also found a serial number on the key hook and the number is ***** According to IBM records that would date this clock to 1917 which I believe is pretty close. This is also 1 year after they acquired Bundy and this clock looks a little more Bundy to me.
Thanks,
Chuck

Hello

Thanks for that information, it may be a Bundy Clock that they put their name on after aquiring the company. I will research that area. Thanks for the measurements.

Glenda

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Glenda, I haven't heard any more from you so I will assume you can"t help me, I knew this would be a tough one to find so if you know of any one that serviced Simplex clocks I would value that info, Chuck

Hello Chuck

I have searched and searched for this clock. I do believe it is a Bundy clock like you stated. It looks very much like their clocks looked.

I gathered a list of Clock Experts that only buy and sell as well as collect and repair old clocks. I bet one of them has seen this clock or can point you to who has.

Here is the list of leading experts. You can call one or all of them to see which one can help you.

Furr's Clock Shop Inc
12728 Pleasant Forest Dr,
Little Rock, AR 72212(###) ###-####br />.

David's Watch & Clock Repair
2106 E Lawson Rd,
Little Rock, AR 72210(###) ###-####/p>

.

Delaney Antique Clocks*****
West townsend Ma (###) ###-####/p>

.
Gary Sullivan Antiques, Inc.
*****br /> Canton, MA 02021***@******.***
(###) ###-####/p>

.

The Clock Experts (###) ###-####/p>

Hope they can help you.

As appraisers we do not work for the Just Answer Site. We are independent appraisers who are verified to answer questions for the Just Answer site.
.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give. You must click one of the stars
( or rate expert ) in order for us to be compensated for answering your question. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.
.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
:) ( smiles )
.
Glenda

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Glenda, my opening question asked two things one was what is this clock in other words the model, and the second thing I asked was its value neither have been answered. Chuck

Hello Chuck

I understand that, and in the course of our conversations about the clock,in trying to find it. After searching and not finding your exact clock, which we both believe is a bundy, you from your extensive searching, me from my extensive searching on this question.

You sent this message to me : " Hi Glenda, I haven't heard any more from you so I will assume you can"t help me, I knew this would be a tough one to find so if you know of any one that serviced Simplex clocks I would value that info, Chuck.

So after this last response from you, I sent you a list of experts in the clock business who may be able to help you or direct you to someone who knows the clock.

I understand the original question of " I am interested in knowing what this clock is and its value " was not completely answered, I did answer what I believe the clock is which is a Bundy Clock. I did not give a value since you are wanting more info on the exact clock you have, which is not out there to be found or in my book on clocks.

.

I am sorry you are not happy with the final out come of your question, I did what I thought you wanted at the end, people you could contact.

I assume by you mentioning that what you asked for to start with ( not what you asked for at the end ) was not answered like you wanted you are wanting to get a refund or something.

If that is the case, I am sorry you do not feel the time I put in on this question for you does not merit some compensation for the time I researched this for you.

I hope from the list I gave you, you find your exact clock.

Glenda