Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have an original oil painting by Louise Magnuson. Is it

Customer Question

I have an original oil painting by Louise Magnuson. Is it worth anything?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. It would be irresponsible for me not to see the piece in question.

The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and back of painting so that I can get visual clues of the date, artist, framing construction and value.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time, adding photos does not cost you anything extra and helps

me to verify what you have.

Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

There are no listed artists by the name of Louise Magnuson. In general, unlisted artist works can sell anywhere from $40 - $500+ depending on size, image depicted, mastery, age and condition. Asking prices can vary and be higher since any owner can ask any price they please on an item they own, they key factor is finding buyer at your pricepoint. Bear in mind that an ‘asking price’ is one that has not been sold yet and a true sale value is based on actual past documented sale records.

I can help further assess that for you if you would like to send images.

Feel free to add images at your convenience, there is not an additional charge for photos here.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora