Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

The stamp, "18th Century Mohogany" is stamped on the back of

Customer Question

the stamp, "18th Century Mohogany" is stamped on the back of the following pieces of my bedroom set: Gentleman's dresser, vanity, and nightstand. glass was cut for the tops of the aforementioned pieces when the set was ordered and have remained on the top to protect the finish since then. the underside of each drawer stamped with the date "April 16, 1949" additional pieces include headboard, footboard and connecting hardware, and rectangular mirror. the set was the wedding gift from great-grandfather to great-grandmother on their wedding day.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

From the description, this is a $5000 - $7000 bedroom suite at auction.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I wanted to know if the stamp on the back is the name of the manufacturer or the type of wood with which the set was made OR (if you don't know) how to find out the answer to my question based on the clues given.
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

From your description, the stamp would be the descriptor of the wood used for the furniture set - that being mahogany wood from the 18th century (1700's) and not the manufacturer name. I can help determine that with you by seeing images.

~Nora

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I paid per question, but can't get the photos needed for a satisfactory answer until next week at the earliest (we are moving and the furniture has been packed.) How should I proceed? Can the question be resumed when the information is available without incurring additional charges or should I get a refund and ask again when I can provide you with the necessary information or can the one charge of $58.00 be converted into a one month membership?
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

This question thread stays open as long as you need even after a rating is left and there is not an additional charge for time. You can rate the service and send pictures after at any time.

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. For such queries, use this link for assistance:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

~Nora