Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a small portrait that my parents bought in the 1980s.

Customer Question

I have a small portrait that my parents bought in the 1980s. It is of an Native American chief. I'm afraid any paperwork that may have accompanied it is almost certainly lost. And I can't read the signature, but I know they told me that this artist was also collected by both Richard Nixon and the Shah of Iran. Does anyone have any idea of who I might turn to in order to find out who the artist is/was and what it might be worth? I also have two medium size bronzes that are not my taste and would like to sell. The are both western themed. I believe one is a Remington, a cowboy on a bucking bronc, but the other is a Native American medicine man, and does not look like a Remington to me.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If you could give me some idea of what I might expect to get from an antiques dealer for a genuine Remington, as well as the 2 foot bronze that I do NOT believe is a Remington, that would be very helpful. Regarding the portrait, would a [highly] knowledgeable art dealer know how to research the artist, and if so, where do I look for one?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Lastly, I currently live in Lynchburg, VA and I doubt the call for western-themed art is rather high. I don't like the idea of eBay, but is there another avenue available that would allow me to sell to the southwest in order to obtain a better price for my pieces? I know three pieces is too small a number for many dealers to bother with, but I could really use some guidance. I apologize for not having photos. Perhaps I should ask my question again when someone can help me upload photographs for you to see.
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Images will be very helpful and you can add them here at your convenience. There is not a time limit here.