Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

I have a 12 piece setting (Dinner plates, Sandwich plates,

Customer Question

I have a 12 piece setting (Dinner plates, Sandwich plates, salad plates, cup and saucers with 2 gravy boats, 2 butter dishes, tea pot, 2 large serving dishes, 2 medium serving dishes, 2 oval serving bowls, sugar and creamer. It is Titan Ware, Hand Painted, R. 459174 It's stamped with the Royal Ivory England est. 1657 stamp
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It's in perfect condition
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls.
I give my best answers in writing when I have time to think about them.
Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me.

If another professional enters our exchanges, feel free to tell them that you are working with me if you wish.

Let me now study your question. My next response either will be my answer or to ask for any additional information I might need to give you the best answer with the value.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** forward to hearing. I do not have interest in selling it. It's been in the family for a few generations and was just passed to mine. It will be my kids some day. Just wondering the value. It fits right in with our 1880's Victorian.

The Titian Ware Series was produced by Wm Adams & Sons who were business ca1900 - 1940 in Staffordshire, UK.

Your pattern was first registered in 1900-1909 (R 459174).

My research and calculations indicate that your hand painted set has a retail vintage asking price of $2260-2360 assuming good condition.

A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" at the first of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.

Hi there!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?
Kind regards,

If you have any questions about the site, you may contact customer help at this address: