rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I would like to add photos of the statue, but I can't seem

Customer Question

I would like to add photos of the statue, but I can't seem to find the Add Files
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

This is a silver plated statue made in Mexico by Silver Home, a company that has a group of artists that work in their factory. There is no noted artist that is associated with the piece. The factory makes animals distributed for home decor and not as fine art. The piece is first fashioned out of clay, then a mold is made of that piece. Then, alloys of copper, tin, nickel and zinc are melted and poured into that mold to create the sculpture. The mold is removed once the metal cool and then the piece is dipped in a liquid wash of silver to give it the look of pure silver. The value of this statue is $400 to $500.00. While it says silver .999 on the mark, the word plata indicated a plated item (dipped as I described) and in the other close ups you've shown the piece has some copper and other metals showing through.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.