Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

What can you tell me about this china? it is a set of +/- 23

Customer Question

Hello, what can you tell me about this china? it is a set of +/- 23 pieces and it contains coffee or thea cups, a butter cup, pots for sauce etcetera...Thank you!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls.
I give my best answers in writing when I have time to think about them.
Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me.

Thank you for the photos.

Please tell me a little more information.

What pieces are in the "etcetera." I need this to give you the most accurate answer.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Doris, here some extra pictures of the whole set...Greetings from Belgium, Cathy

Hi Cathy!

Your china was made not too far from you.

Thank you for the photos.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I should be back within 45 minutes.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

As you probably know, your set was made by Boch Keramis located in La Louviere, Belgium and in France.

The firm was established in 1841 and ceased production in 1998.

There are various marks on your pieces but they all seem to date before 1973.

The blue and white pattern name is Copenhague.

My research indicates that your set of pieces in this pattern has a retail vintage store value of $870-950 assuming good condition.

Online auctions like eBay generally bring wholesale selling prices.

If you would like to sell close to retail , some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.

Etsy.com - small fees - 20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.
Artfire.com
Bonanza.com
Amazon Marketplace: http://services.amazon.com/content/sell-on-amazon.htm/ref=footer_soa?ld=AZFSSOA

These sites are excellent and more upscale but fees are higher. I only recommend them if you have several items to sell.
GoAntiques.com
Rubylane.com
Tias.com
cyberattic.com
trocadero.com

A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

Hi Cathy,

On today's market, your approximately 23 pieces of Boch Keramis china in the Copenhague pattern could realistically sell for only as high as $300 - $500USD or 264 - 440Euro.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Kind regards,
Doris

If you have any questions about the site, you may contact customer help at this address:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help