rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Can you tell me what these plates from Coppenhagen, Denmark

Customer Question

Can you tell me what these plates from Coppenhagen, Denmark are worth? The jul 1924 plate is numbered 1276/1204 KSon the back, and a jul 1921 plate is numbered 1219/1088 KS on the back.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the marks on the back.

These are Royal Copenhagen Aluminia Faience Christmas Plates from 1921 and 1924. The word JUL is the word for the Danish Christmas.

The jul 1924 plate is numbered 1276/1204 KSon the back, shape/pattern numbers, designed by R. Harboe, value of $120.00

jul 1921 plate is numbered 1219/1088 KS on the back, shape/pattern numbers, designed by R. Harboe, value of $140.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

-Rarewares

Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

You have plates from the Aluminia Line by Royal Copenhagen. These are bas-relief faience, or raised-molded hand painted and glazed earthenware plates. The yearly commemorative Christmas plates were named The Christmas Party line and they were made every year from 1904 - 1930. Rasmus Harboe only designed the plates from 1904 - 1906, he died in 1912. The 1921 and 1924 plates were designed by Nils Thorson. These sell for $250 - $350 each on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

To support the pricing on these plates, I can refer you to this site in Denmark where they are offering the two plates that you have for 135.00 Euros each, which is (depending on currency rates on any given date) is 150.00US noting that these plates have a bit less value in the United States, this the 120 to 140 price range that I gave.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=da&u=http://www.skovsantik.dk/Aluminia.htm&prev=search

Be sure to mention that you prefer to work withCustomerin future questions so that they will be directed to me, most will abide by the courtesy.

To finish, do click the stars at the top of your screen and hit submit so that the site will know that I have helped you.