Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a 23 inch Ideal doll (I believe old), Painted face,

Customer Question

I have a 23 inch Ideal doll (I believe old), Painted face, Slating blue eyes, long red hair.
Legs are screwed in on outside of leg. Slits at top of legs that move well.
Tummy has holes so I think it dad a speaker that does not work.
Open red lipped mouth with two upper middle teeth.
No clothing with doll.
Can you give me more identificacting and value (range)?
Thank you, ***** *****
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the doll and the marks that you have described.
Also look on the back of her neck or shoulder for any more marks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I cannot add pictures, no camera.
The only identifying marks as on neck and body and only state Ideal Doll. That is one reason that I have not found her on line. I have searched and cannot find her. Since the legs are attached in a way that is unusual and the shanty eyes.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I would rather talk in person, if you can call me at(###) ###-#### *****
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The marks are minable, black that would not wash off. Not scratch the surface, not long more like wear marks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I buy dolls and clean them up and add clothes for resale so I am used to markings and damage if any and repair(clean and comb) the hair and have sold over 30 days on my Etsy shop and have received good reviews and compliments on the condition of my dolls. The customers are very satisfied when the receive them in good condition.

That is great! Etsy is a good place to sell.

You will understand then why I need to see a photo of the doll before I can tell you what you have.

It would be irresponsible for me to guess even on experience.

If you list on Etsy then you must have access to add a picture of your doll here. It is okay if it is not today,

there is no time limit here.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No thank you my budget will not be able to add anymore spending. thank you for your help. I just bought the doll last week and have working on her and will have to find clothing, shoes, etc. before I can put her on Etsy or decide to keep her myself.
Thank you again. Constance

It does not cost anything to add pictures here. So you are still free to do so if you are so inclined.

Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

In general a redheaded vintage Ideal doll sells for $50 - $75 on today's market.

I will be happy to chat with you by phone if you prefer; a premium services offer for the live phone call will be sent with this as well.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora