Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

I have a surrender certificate that was dropped in the

Customer Question

I have a surrender certificate that was dropped in the Philipines during WWII. It is in English on one side and Japanese on the other. It explaines in both English and Japanese how they are to treat the prisoners and how the prisoners are to approach the Americans to surrender It is NUMBER 811. ARE YOU ABLE TO PLACE A VALUE?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

A World War II era propaganda flyer dropped in the Philippines can sell for $40 - $60 on today's market. Here is a link for you to one that sold for $43.88, let me know if it is similar to the one you own.

Feel free to add photos here at anytime, there is not an additional charge to send pictures here.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is Glenda,
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, appraising, antique shop owner, buying and selling on today's current market. Buying and selling everything from elegant glassware to the most primitive of items and so much more to include books. I will do all I can to find out the most information on your item and the value for you. I have access to many data bases, and extensive current library of price guides, as well as access to leaders in the field of antiques and personal property.
This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!
The WWll Surrender Certificate, that was from the Philippines, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $125.00-150.00, I have seen WWll Certificates sell for as much as 300.00 depending who is bidding on it, and if they want it for their WWll Collection. Worthpoint is just the ended auctions from Ebay. Not all who sell on Ebay know what they have or they are just trying to get rid of items that did not sell in shops etc. Just do not give your item away, decide what the lowest amount is you would take for it, and set that reserve if you sell on Ebay. depending on the condition and where it is for sale at.

Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you.
It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site.

As appraisers we do not work for the Just Answer Site. After being verified we are allowed to come to the site to answer customer's questions
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give. Clicking one of the stars or smiley faces is very much appreciated. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
:) ( smiles )