Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

I have a grandfather clock of German descent. Markings are

Customer Question

I have a grandfather clock of German descent. Markings are as follows:
Divina Gong
GES (ESCH)
D.RG.M
PL98P.S 66 1/3
I need an evaluation on the wholesale and retail value of this clock as I am looking to sell it.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 6 months ago.

Hi John,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Is the clock working?

Please upload clear pictures of the clock, front and back, and the markings.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The clock was working. Currently, it was taken apart so that it could be moved. I will need to send pictures at a later time as the clock is currently in storage. A range of value would be acceptable as I am just trying to get some idea as to the value.

Thanks, ***** ***** the information.

Your clock was made by the Frederick Mauthe Company, in Germany. It was made in the early 20th century. IF it is in very good condition, both functionally and cosmetically, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $420. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount, or $170, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, John.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Hi John,

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about this item. I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.