Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

These books are first editions! AND I am interested in

Customer Question

these books are first editions! AND I am interested in selling all - in particular a Yankee in King Arthur's Court. How do I do that????
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello'

I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, appraising, antique shop owner, buying and selling on today's current market. Buying and selling everything from elegant glassware to the most primitive of items and so much more to include books. I will do all I can to find out the most information on your item and the value for you. I have access to many data bases, and extensive current library of price guides, as well as access to leaders in the field of antiques and personal property. If another expert should happen to get on your question after my response to you, you have the right to tell them you are working with me, if you wish to continue working with me.

.

Is your book also a first printing?

Glenda

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help with this question. I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda

Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

A first edition and early printing of a Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain can sell for a high average of $2000 - $3000. If you have a fair amount of true first edition then I highly recommend selling through a specialty rare and antique book auction. Below is a list for you of such.

Contact all of them, if possible for you, regardless of the company location. This will also help you get a consensus opinion on the value and estimates. Approach each one as if you are interested in selling through them. Auction houses take a percentage of the final sale price, so it is in their best interest to sell it for a premium bid.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Bauman's Rare Books in Manhattan - http://www.baumanrarebooks.com/

PBA Rare Book Auctions in San Francisco: http://www.pbagalleries.com/

Swann’s Auction Galleries: http://www.swanngalleries.com/bo_oks.cgi

Bloomsbury London: http://www.bloomsburyauctions.com/

Heritage Auctions: www.ha.com

Australian Book Auctions: http://www.australianbookauctions.com/

Dominic Winter Auctions: www.dominic-winter.co.uk/

Bonham’s Book and Manuscripts Dept: www.bonhams.com/departments/BOK/

Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 6 months ago.

Hi. My name is Doris.

I think I can help here.

If the you have a true First Edition., first printing, then her book would be this:

Twain, Mark (Samuel Clemens)

Published by New York: Charles L. Webster and Company (1889)
Used ⁄Hardcover ⁄First Edition

Price: US$ 4,500.00

Item Description: New York: Charles L. Webster and Company, 1889. Hardcover. Book Condition: As New. No Jacket. 1st Edition. First Edition; First Printing. 8vo. 575 pp. plus a two-page publisher's advertisement. Illustrated by ***** ***** Beard. Original green cloth, yellow-green floral pattern end-papers. Page blank and shows a small paper adhesion to the previous page, resulting in a small loss of material to . BAL states that both forms (blank page and pages with fly-title) were published simultaneously. The S-like ornament on page 59 is not present in this copy. Housed in a custom-made slip case of red morocco spine with gilt lettering and five raised bands; maroon cloth over cardboard. Weight is four lbs. This is an exceptionally fine copy, as pristine as the day it was first published. Probably this is the finest copy that will ever become available.

If you want to sell in hurry at wholesale price then try the following rare book dealers -

Rare Book Stores:
Bauman Rare Books - www,baumanrare.com -(###) ###-####br />Philadelpha Rare Book, etc - www,prbm.com -(###) ###-####/p>

A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" at the first of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.