rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Is there a market/buyer set of original Drew Mystery

Customer Question

Is there a market/buyer for a set of original Nancy Drew Mystery Stories? And are they valuable?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

Is your set from the 1930's with blue covers and a silhouette of Nancy Drew on them and original dustjackets?

~Nora

Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for requesting me!

Yes, there is a market and buyers for Nancy Drew Mystery Stories written by Carolyn Keene.

The values if you have the newer hardcover versions from Penguin Books are about $5.00 to $10.00 per book.

If you have the older books, keeping in mind these have been printed from 1930 to 1975 by different publishers,

the oldest being The Secret of the Old Clock from the 30's worth $30 without dust jacket and $75 with dust jacket in good condition.

The other books from the 30's are in that same range. Those printed in the 1950's are worth about $15 to $20 each.

Some sites that I recommend are Varagesale.com, Etsy.com, Ebay.com Ioffer.com, Krrb.com, and letgo.com.

You might enjoy reading here about the different years, versions and publishers. http://www.series-books.com/nancydrew/values.html

When you do sell, you can mail them via Media Mail so that it would not cost much to ship (just a tip).

Do click the stars after you have read this answer.

Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

1930's first editions of Nancy Drew books with original dustjackets retail for as high as $500 per book on today's market. They are highly collectible.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

To add more valuable information to my original answer,

another good website for selling books is http://www.biblio.com/selling_books/

They are a great resource with a dedicated following of customers.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.

Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Thanks so much for reading your answer and taking my advice into consideration.
I am following up to see if you need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.

-Rarewares.