LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher

A Leo Castelli crystal

Customer Question

A Leo Castelli crystal
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Did this piece come with paperwork or a tag also stating it is by Leo Castelli?

Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 4 months ago.

Hello,my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you.

You have an exquisite crystal piece. Here is a link to the artist Leo Castelli biography

The crystal statue you have I can see in the photos it is clearly marked on the bottom of the side. The value on this is $4200-4500.00 in today's market and could bring a much higher price at auction in front of the right audience. For insurance purposes the value is $6500.00. If you can keep it, it is a piece that will only increase over time. The color and clarity is amazing and the statue is brilliant. If you have providence on the piece that will only add to the value and if you have no paperwork but can write out everything you know about it, that does help. Where you got it , from whom, how long you have had the item things of this nature that a person can trace and connect to the artist.

Thank you for sharing this piece with us it is a wonderful piece. If I may be of further service please let me know I am always happy to help.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all question

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Leo Castelli was a famous gallerist, whom I knew. He was not an artist and this is not his work at all.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

JUST checking up to see if I may be of further help. Please let me know I am happy to help always,.