Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); 10+ years exp.

Im looking value of Bradford Exchange Plate "Babe :The

Customer Question

Im looking for the value of Bradford Exchange Plate "Babe Ruth :The Called Shot number 14483 H By Delphi Artist Brent Benger
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diana F. replied 4 months ago.

Hi and thanks for choosing us. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help.

The Called Shot was the 1st plate in The Legends of Baseball Series. There were about 17 released overall. The Called Shot was based on artwork created by Brent Benger and released in 1992. Unfortunately Bradford plates (and collector plates in general) have not really increased in value just yet. On the plus side, baseball collector plates haven't lost a lot of value either.

Your plate is currently worth about $30 to $40.

I wish I could say it was worth a lot more, but for the most part, they're still fairly modern and were sold heavily, so the demand isn't quite there yet. It's definitely possible they will increase over time.

Prices will vary a bit depending on the condition of your plate and where you try to sell it. Online markets (like Ebay) and garage sales do tend to go for far less that value.

Etsy and Amazon are great alternatives to Ebay. Rubylane, Tias, and Cyberattic are great online stores too, but they generally have a store "setup" fee, so unless you have a lot of items to list, it may be a bit too pricey, but they do get the "higher" paying customers. Etsy would actually be great for something like a collectible, decorative plate.
. and are pretty good up and coming online sites.
You might check out the consignment cost with any local antique shops. Some places charge about 25% to 30% of final sell price, but in dealing local you generally have less competition. It's always worth checking out.
Ebay is more or less a last resort. It does reach a lot of people, but the values tend to be lower. You will always get a higher value by selling it yourself as opposed to an auction or selling it to a dealer. If you do decide to try Ebay, consider using reserves.

If you have any questions, let me know (and you should be able to rate now, but if you run into a problem let me know).

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if yourate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
I look forward to working with you again.
Have a great afternoon!