Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

Let me do some more research and get back to you. : As I

Customer Question

Let me do some more research and get back to you.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: As I said there are twelve volumes' all edited by Bliss Perry and published by Doubleday and McClure Co. Each volume begin with an "autographed" picture of the historical figure in the title. The set includes Thomas Carlyle (copyright 1899), Thomas Ruskin (18990, Thomas DeQuincey (1899), Daniel Webster (1898), Lord Macaulay (1899), Edgar Allan Poe (1899), Abraham Lincoln (1899, Nathaniel Hawthorne (1899), Charles Lamb (1899), W.M. Thackeray (1898), Washington Irving (1899) and Benjamin Franklin (1899). They all were professionally bound by whatever binding methods were in vogue back then, but the pages are not the same size.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I assume that these books are called Little Masterpieces because they are only 4" x 6 1/4". Can't think of anything else.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

The Little Masterpiece series, published by Doubleday and McClure, was a long series of books on many different topics, published in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

If your books are all in very good condition, their current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $145.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about this item. I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.