Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a Three-D Lithograph of, of Famer Rice catching s

Customer Question

I have a Three-D Lithograph of, Hall of Famer Jerry Rice catching his 127th career record breaking touchdown. Autographed in 24 carrot Gold Paint. This is #70/127 Limited Edition.
The Place:Candlestick Park
The Date:9/5/94
The Opponent:LA Raiders
The Man Jerry Rice
The Record:127 Touchdowns
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Great House Antiques replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question!

Please let me know if there is any other info regarding this piece on or accompanying it; like who the publisher/ manufacturer is, year it was produced, or anything else that might be present/ mentioned. Also, please let me know what its dimensions are. If possible, state the dimensions of just the image itself (not including any borders or the frame) and those of the whole piece, including any borders and frame.

Thank you.

GHA

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The dimensions are 27X20. there is a photograph of Jerry Rice and the artist Steve Hoskin, in the lower right hand corner, with the signature of the Steve Hoskin in 24 carrot gold ink, the manufacturer and publisher.

Thank you for the added info.

In that you describe the piece as being "3-D", it would appear to be a more recent piece depicting the historical moment, back in 1994. This will combine with other factors in determining the relative valuation of the work.

Some of the other relevant factors are: that it is in excellent condition, that it is of good size/ scale, it is signed and numbered, and that it is part of a fairly small number edition - 127. Additionally, it seems that the publication is well documented and may be attributed with a degree of confidence. That said, form here via this medium, I cannot authenticate these attributes, but instead comment there upon assuming them to be reliable.

Considering all of these characteristics, and also believing the work's overall presentation to be dynamic and engaging visually, the estimated fair market value for such a piece would be in the range of $500-$700.

One final note, if you have strong reason to believe or know with certainty that the work is actually more contemporary to the event it depicts - let's say from the mid or even late 1990's - its relative value would be considerably higher; more in the range of $1,000-$1,200, conservatively.

Again, a fine commemorative work depicting an incredible athlete and outstanding moment in sports history. Thank you for writing in about it.

(Hoping it has provided assistance - if you require no further help - please rate my answer. This is an important step in that it is your way of letting me know you have been well-served [by my answer only]. Please note, though, that it does not/ cannot address any other aspects of your experience with JA; unfortunately, these are not in my control. Rating is also the way in which JA is prompted to extend credit for my service. So, your best rating is most appreciated! *Please let me know if I may be of further assistance* : )

Thank you, again.

GHA