Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have an original painting by Clausen, signed in 1976

Customer Question

I have an original painting by Don Clausen, signed in 1976 titled "Re Guuene", it is 45x45. I'm wondering an approximate value on it?
Thank you
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

An original Don Clausen (b. 1930) Abstract Expressionist painting can carry a high auction estimate of $1000 - $2000 on today's market. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $3000.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is Glenda,
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, appraising, antique shop owner, buying and selling on today's current market. Buying and selling everything from elegant glassware to the most primitive of items and so much more to include books and art. I will do all I can to find out the most information on your item and the value for you. I have access to many data bases, and extensive current library of price guides, as well as access to leaders in the field of antiques and personal property.
.
This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!
.
An original painting by Don Clausen, signed from has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $2***-**-****.00, His work has demanded more then this at certain auctions, some of the higher prices were from private collectors selling their art in specialty auctions held by companies such as Hindman Auctions, Heritage, Cowan's and others, there have been a few instances of some local auctions bringing high prices for his work. Local art galleries are also getting good prices. You might check with some in your area to see about consignment sales.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you.
.
It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site.

.
As appraisers we do not work for the Just Answer Site. After being verified we are allowed to come to the site to answer customer's questions
.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give. Clicking one of the stars or smiley faces is very much appreciated. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.
.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
:) ( smiles )
.
Glenda

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help with this question. I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda