Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

Dutch Women by tchcock/ Flower Girl! : It is in dark with

Customer Question

Dutch Women by George Hitchcock/ Flower Girl!
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is in dark Browns with painted flowers in red, whites and greens. It looks like XXXV-8-8-7
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: The girl has a very sheer scarf on her head. Not sure if it is a copy or painting!!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

An original George Hitchcock (1850 - 1913) painting of a flower girl can carry a high auction estimate of $30,000 - $50,000 on today's market. A framed printed reproduction image of one of his paintings on texturized board, or a color lithograph (which would be under glass) can sell for $40 - $60.

Feel free to add photos here at anytime, there is not an additional charge to send pictures here.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.