Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a bedroom set from Lincoln Furniture Company with the

Customer Question

I have a bedroom set from Lincoln Furniture Company with the bronze colored Lincoln decal inside the drawers. It is dark wood, heavily carved and just plain heavy. It was a wedding gift to my grandparents in Jersey in the late 1920's. There is a four-post full-size bed, chest on chest, armed side chair, bench, vanity, nightstand and ladies dresser. two mirrors. Any idea what the style is called and what it might be worth???
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: All pieces are in good condition. Some damage to ornate pieces underneath, but nothing noticeable. Mirrors are intact.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is Glenda
.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
.
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. I will send photos. Thanks.

Thank you, ***** ***** let you know as soon as they forward them to me.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have limited pictures on this computer. I'll have to send more from my phone.

Hello

This is not the pictures of the bedroom set.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry. They are on my phone. I'm trying to figure out how to get them to you. Do you have an e-mail???

Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
.
.
.
.
Glenda

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just sent them. Forgot the user name. ugh. ***@******.*** Pics aren't great. They were taken while doing inventory of smalls for the estate. The set was possibly purchased in the Carolinas in late 1920's. Dad was born in 1938 and it was his parent's wedding gift from my great-grandparents, the Dominic Raimondos of Jersey City. Family is very well known in Fort Lee and Jersey City. Thanks.

Hello

Ok, thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry so disorganized. Mom passed on 9/28/15. Dad passed 4/3/16. I am co-executor of the estate along with my youngest sister. I inherited the bedroom and living room sets but am gifting the living room set to Kathy. I do not know if she will want to sell it or not. I really would like some history and current market value so that I can give that number to the estate lawyer for our records. Thank you.

Hello

Thank you, ***** ***** send them I can help you out.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Glenda,
I've sent two e-mails with photos. Terrible photos, but it's what I had on my phone. The furniture is VERY heavy. Dark wood. Maple? No idea. The dining room set was cherry maple? That went to another sister, not my circus/monkey. lol The bedroom and living room are mine. I will gift the living room to my sister. I need to know approximate values of the two sets or individual pieces to give an inventory to the attorney for the estate. Thank you for your help. Joanne

Joanne

Thank you for letting me know. I appreciate it?

Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

Hi Joanne,

From your description, maker and the time frame/history your provided of the bedroom set you likely have an American Renaissance-Revival-style suite. There are more pieces in your set than generally found in others. The estate attorney can use a suggested donation or gift value of $4000 for the suite consisting of a four-poster full-size bed, chest on chest, armed side chair, bench, vanity, nightstand and ladies dresser. two mirrors.

I will be happy to chat with you live over the phone about your sets and valuations. As well, you can text images directly to me that way too. I am including the additional services offer for a phone call here for you to choose to accept if you like.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Hi Joanne

I received the pictures of your Bedroom Set and Dining Room Set, thank you so much. I did not see a living room set, do you want a value for that? If so tell me what you have or send me a picture.

.

I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, appraising, antique shop owner, buying and selling on today's current market. Buying and selling everything from elegant glassware to the most primitive of items and so much more to include books. I will do all I can to find out the most information on your item and the value for you. I have access to many data bases, and extensive current library of price guides, as well as access to leaders in the field of antiques and personal property. If another expert should happen to get on your question after my response to you, it is your right to let them know you are working with me. If you wish to continue working with me .

.

This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!

.

The Lincoln Furniture Company 1720 17th Street, Columbus. (Bartholomew County, Indiana) was Incorporated and its factory built 1890. Reorganized 1891; William H. Lincoln then led the company to great success, stressing quality and artistic merit in fine, high-grade furniture. By 1895, production included parlor, library, and tea tables and ladies' desks; furniture was sold throughout U.S. Lincoln Chair Company established 1913. The companies were very important to Columbus' economy; part of Indiana's extensive furniture industry. Employees were skilled craftsmen. Lincoln died 1935; the companies were reorganized into Lincoln-Orinoco, Inc. The company closed 1940 . The old Buildings have had various uses over time.

.

The Lincoln Furniture Company Bedroom set Mahogany, American Revival, circa:1925, consisting of four-post full-size bed, chest on chest, armed side chair, bench, vanity, nightstand and ladies dresser and two mirrors. It has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $5***-**-****.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. The Dining Room set -$ 3200.00- 4600.00, These sets will sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you or a family member is thinking of selling,

.

You can sell on Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.

.

Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you.

.

It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site.

.

As appraisers we do not work for the Just Answer Site. After being verified we are allowed to come to the site to answer customer's questions

.

The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give. Clicking one of the stars or smiley faces is very much appreciated. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.

.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.

:) ( smiles )

.

Glenda