Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have bonsai tree made with jade it sits on a jade rock

Customer Question

I have bonsai tree made with jade it sits on a jade rock tree is copper wire with jade leaves and and light coral colored flowers not sure what they are made of didn't know if I could attach a picture. Can't find any like it on line. About 30 years old
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 12 months ago.

Hello

Are you wanting a current market value?

Expert:  Nora replied 12 months ago.

These were hand made pieces from China, so you would not find an exact match. There are quite a number of jade and semi-precious stone trees or blown Peking Glass trees available on the market. Here is a link for you to a comparable in terms of flowers depicted that sold for $36 - it is Peking Glass and not stone:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vtg-handcrafted-chinese-peking-glass-1803031875

Trees done in Peking Glass sell for $30 -$60. Trees done in semi-precious natural stones, sell for $100 - $200. Stone will feel cold to the touch for a more prolonged time than glass.

If you would like to send very clear, in-focus close-ups of the leaves and petals, I amy be able to tell if they are stone or glass. Feel free to add photos here at anytime, there is not an additional charge to send pictures here.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Hello
.
I do not work for the Just Answer site, I am an independent expert who comes to the site to answer questions for customers. As such the experts are only credited ( $ ) for their time when the customer has rated us, so please do so after reading your answer.
.
This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!
.
The Bonsai Dates to the late 60's early 70's, I found it in my books. It is made of Jade and Coral, these were sold in Fine Department Stores, and Gift Shops, it has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $200.00-225.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.
Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you.

.
It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site.
.
As appraisers we do not work for the Just Answer Site. After being verified we are allowed to come to the site to answer customer's questions
.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give. Clicking one of the stars or smiley faces is very much appreciated. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.
.

It was a pleasure working for you,
:) ( smiles )
.
Glenda

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help with this question. I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda

Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

.
Thank you so much!
Glenda