Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a necklace with a bowl on the end. The makers looks

Customer Question

I have a necklace with a bowl on the end. The makers mark looks like a cross on the tang
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

At your convenience, please send a clear, in-focus image of the necklace, bowl piece and clasp (if any) and the close-up of the mark.

~Nora

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Did you get my last pic?
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

Yes, thank you - however I would need a very clear, in-focus image of the marks as I am not able to read them in this photo here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It has 800 stamped on the necklace clasp. One the round link.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hopefully the last picture was better
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Was the last picture clear enough?
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

Yes, it is a better photo thank you - however I am still not able to read the marks clearly in the image. If you hold the camera a little further away so that the photo is in clear focus, I may be able to zoom in and see the hallmark clearly so as to properly assess what you have.

~Nora

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok I will try with my camera. I'm using my phone now. It will be a bit. I'm at work now.
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

Great! Anytime is fine. ~Nora

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think I found the mark. Looks like an anchor
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

By chance does the word on the hallmark say: Hroar Prydz

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It appears to have 0687APD or ARD
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

Ok, I will wait for the new image at your convenience. ~Nora

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I blowed up the one I sent you on my computer an can see it pretty good
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Now sure if I can make it much clearer
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

This may be a Scandinavian 800 silver hallmark. Usually a bowl on the end of a necklace is a 'tastevin' or French wine tasting cup. This could be a form of a tastevin. Value of this would be in the range of $75 - $125 on today's market.

~Nora

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have a drawing I want to send you with what the hallmark looks like with a loupe. The chain I believe is handmade and has 800 CBM marked on the round link at the clasp
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I want to pay you for your help. Does this look familiar?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It almost looked like the stars had 6 points
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The sketch I sent you is on the tastevin
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

The closest match I can make to the drawing of the hallmark is that this is Scandivanian. It really needs to be inspected in person or a very clear, in-focus close-up image of the actual mark sent here to make the best assessment possible.

~Nora

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Did you look at Albert Beauforts hallmark? He in from France. His hallmark is. Cross with two dtars
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Stars
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

Yes, I am familiar with that mark, however the mark you have drawn and Albert Beauforts maker stamp are not a match.

~Nora

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry I didn't draw that. After I blew it up on the computer it looks different that the picture he drew. Do you have an email address I can send you a pic to?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry I'm so much trouble but I want to know
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I sent you a picture. Please take a look at it and see it it is clear enough to come to a conclusion on the Hallmark. Sent it via email to support asking them to send to you. Sorry for all the delays
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

I will certainly let you know when the image arrives to my email.

~Nora

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you Mam. Hope this picture helps. Victor
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

You are welcome

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You haven't told me who's Hallmark is on this piece. I don't want to give you a bad rating but I really don't want to pay for what you told me. I still know nothing. Did you get my full picture that was sent via email to be forwarded to you?
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

I have not yet seen an image of the hallmark to be able to determine such, nor has an image arrived to my email of it. I can opt-out here if you like and open your question again to all the experts; though it has been viewed by most already.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

~Nora