LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I HAVE 3 ITEMS I WOULD LIKE YOU TO COMMENT ON AND GIVE SOME

Customer Question

I HAVE 3 ITEMS I WOULD LIKE YOU TO COMMENT ON AND GIVE SOME IDEA OF THEIR VALUATION.
1. A MODEL MAN O WAR SHIP IN A GLASS CASE COMPLETE WITH THE 1ST PRIZE WINNERS MEDAL WON AT THE 1886 BENDIGO JUVENILE AND INDUSTRIAL EXHIBITION.
THE MODEL IS APPROXIMATELY TWO FEET LONG.
2. THE SIX MONTHS BOUND EDITIONS OF THE 1857 LONDON ILLUSTRATED NEWS WHICH COVERS ALSO THE LAUNCH OF THE ACTUAL SHIP OF WHICH THE SHIP IS A MODEL.
3. A SMALL 1800'S ISSUE OF THE "LITTLE BLACK SAMBO" BOOK.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you.

1. A MODEL MAN O WAR SHIP IN A GLASS CASE COMPLETE WITH THE 1ST PRIZE WINNERS MEDAL WON AT THE 1886 BENDIGO JUVENILE AND INDUSTRIAL EXHIBITION....................... the value of this would be 3200.00 the link below has a medal in storage currently that they bought for display. Museum Victoria in Australia

http://collections.museumvictoria.com.au/items/1099309

2. THE SIX MONTHS BOUND EDITIONS OF THE 1857 LONDON ILLUSTRATED NEWS WHICH COVERS ALSO THE LAUNCH OF THE ACTUAL SHIP OF WHICH THE SHIP IS A MODEL............. this would be a part of the above to be sold as a collection if you wanting to sell these. All of it gives accreditation to the ship. The value on this bound set would be 125.00

3. A SMALL 1800'S ISSUE OF THE "LITTLE BLACK SAMBO" BOOK. .........here is a link that talks of how Little Black Sambo Book was banned http://torontoist.com/2014/01/historicist-banning-little-black-sambo/

value $1200-1500.00 for the first edition done in the late 1800s.

If I may be of further help please le me know as I am always happy to help.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all question

Checking back to see if I may be of further help and to remind you when you have time to please rate the answer as this is how I am paid from the site. Thank you and have a great evening.