Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I've got a framed etching entitled; Birthplace of Payne

Customer Question

I've got a framed etching entitled; Birthplace of Howard Payne author of 'Home Sweet Home' by J. Fagan
I am wondering about it's value if any?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** it will be a pleasure to help you.

It is possible you have an etching by James FAGAN (1864-?). I need to see a clear photograph to be sure. You can send it as an attachment using the paperclip icon found on the tool bar.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hello Tim,
Thank you for your response. I am visiting a friend and presently do not have the etching with me. I will be at home tomorrow and hopefully send a photograph to you then.
Again, thanks so much!
Sincerely,
J. Clucasto you then.

Hello J. Clucas

Have a great day!

Til Then

Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

This is part of a series of 7 prints done by Fagan of the homes of famous authors. Included in the set were prints of the homes of James Fennimore Cooper, Nathaniel Hawthorne, ***** *****leaf Whittier, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Oliver Wendell Holmes, Edgar Allan Poe, and yours - ***** ***** Payne. On today's market, the print sells for $20 - $60 depending on the framing.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora