Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have an antique/vintage tapestry that's in its apparent

Customer Question

Hi! I have an antique/vintage tapestry that's in its apparent original wood frame, with beautiful Victorian accents. The frame is in remarkable condition considering its age. That's not to say that there isn't parts of a couple of the ends missing wood pieces, etc. but the beautiful Victorian design is still atop the frame all in one piece. The tapestry is quite large approximately 4-5' as I can remember. The tapestry is also filled with a Victorian design with couples and people strolling about the countryside. Is there any information at all that you made be able to offer me? I would attach a photo if I could...yet many thanks for your time!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There was only the photo of the piece that came with your original inquiry and it is too dark to see.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the piece in better light.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank You Ma'am for your help! The tapestry itself is dark, so I did the best I could with the pictures...:/
I could have used editing tools to truly make it readable, and still can if still too dark !! I just wanted you to know before altering it in any way.. It needs to be cleaned but, from the look, to my eye, of it being quite old, I wanted to also ask your opinion on what I could use to bring it back to life... I referred to it as Victorian however it's most likely Colonial. I very much look forward to any information regarding this piece, and what it's worth in today's market. I can also edit, and resend the pictures since you now have exactly what it looks like... As far as its color quality is greatly improved by editing... Unless you can do so on your end? I do appreciate your help!!I'm not sure if you can help me with this situation or not... I messaged customer service because at the time of the offer to get your answer, I was NOT given an option to pay for a month's worth of questions.... I paid $38... For only this one item!! When I returned to the webpage not only did it say that I could sign up for $38/month!! It said that today ended a 9.99/month special!!!! When I attempted to even sign up for it.. It continued to revert back to the $38/month package!!! Which in ALL honesty I already paid!! And if there's a promotion that I wasn't offered, in its $9.99 sense, I've already paid for 3 months worth of questions but instead I paid a full months amount for this 1 item!!! It just doesn't seem to be a decent situation!! I do know that this is customer support's problem... And, I have written to them regarding my opinion of their distastefulness !! I'm disabled and live unfortunately on a very fixed income from the government after losing my career to my poor health.... I didn't mention that to customer service... And I'm not sure if there's ANYTHING that you can do on my behalf.... But if so, could you kindly please be a voice for me!! Thank you!! Ohh, I've attached my paid invoice as well as the $9.99/month offer. God Bless, Angie
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Here's the additional info

This is a circa 1910-20 European tapestry. I'll add a photo of what it looked like new.

It is a machine made piece and not hand weft. This is a known piece of machine made, but that does not mean it has no value.

There is no way to clean it , so sorry for that.

This piece has a value of $75.00.

Do click the stars to accept my answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.

Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

The scene and setting of your framed circa 1930 tapestry is Venetian 16th century - or Venice Italy set in the 1500's. It is a depiction of courtship and love. This can sell for $200 - $300 on today's market.

As for your question about the charge; experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. For such queries, use this link for assistance:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora