rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have two blue mountain, trees oil paintings from England

Customer Question

I have two blue mountain, trees oil paintings from England during the war
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The artist paint his facial picture in the paintings. That is his signature
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There was only the photo of the piece that came with your original inquiry and it is not enough for me to tell if these are paintings or prints on paper.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add a close photo of each, a signature if possible and any writing or labels on the back of the framing.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok. I know these came from England during the war of Germany. My mother brought them back. If they are a pint it is ok. You can feel the oil paint from the trees and the castle from on th mountain. I don't want to touch too much of the picutures as I use a glove. They came from England from the war of Germany and England. This is the best I can do. I don't like moving them much. Hope this helps if not that is ok. Thank you.

These are prints on paper of paintings of the castles that dots the river landscape in Germany.

These were printed circa 1905 and possibly enhanced with paint over the paper which was done sometimes.

The condition is poor and the paper is yellowing, so I would have to value these at $30 each retail value.

Do lcick the stars after you have read this answer.

Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.