Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I bought approximately 45 years ago from a very reputable

Customer Question

I bought approximately 45 years ago from a very reputable furniture store a Peter Max art piece. It is framed, looks very much like what he produced that many years ago, but I don't even know if its a print, a lithograph or what. I'd like to verify that it is indeed a Peter Max and cannot find one like it anywhere online. Can you help?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 5 months ago.

Happy Memorial weekend. My name is ***** ***** is a pleasure to help you with this question.

It appears to be a print. To determine if it a lithographic print or an offset I need you to look at it with a magnifying glass. If you see see a pattern of small dots it is an offset. If it looks like the colors overlap a little the it is a lithograph.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What I really want to know is if this is a Peter Max?

I will check for you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No thank you, sir. I just want to know if this is a Peter Max. Thank you.

In order to find out I have to look at his body of work which is extensive. But if you want a quick opinion it appears to be in the style of Peter Max rather than by Peter Max.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok then, thank you for your time. I will ask the man myself when he comes near where I live to do a showing.