rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

3 paintings or etchings that are signed by the artists but I

Customer Question

3 paintings or etchings that are signed by the artists but I can't find the artists on Google
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I could take a picture of the etchings and then you may recognize the artist?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: just that it comes from j assenheim and sons
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the etchings/prints,
signatures and back of frames where there might be labels or writing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Here you go
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Here are the pictures
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you going to answer me today

Hans Figura (Austrian, b. 1898)
Skyline from Brooklyn. Signed "Hans Figura" in pencil l.r., identified on a label from J. Assenheim & Son, New York, affixed to the backing. Color etching with aquatint on paper, plate size 10 7/8 x 16 1/2 in. (27.5 x 41.8 cm), framed.
Value of $800 to $1000.00.

That is one, I will work on the other next.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Here are a couple more
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Next

This one is Luigi Kasimir (1881-1962) another Hungarian artist. This is an etching of the Brooklyn Bridge done in 1930.

This etching has a value of $700 to $900.

This one is a print by William Merrit Chase named Prospect Park.

This print has a current value of $65 to $75.00.

I contracted for three items from your original quesry, so the other one would have to be in a new question (ask for rarewares).

Do click the stars to accept the help I have given you today on these three pieces. Thanks!

You are welcome! DO take a moment to click the five stars at the topof your screen and hit submit so that the site will give me good feedback for answering you.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.