rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I just bought a unique "heavy metal" sculpture from an

Customer Question

I just bought a unique "heavy metal" sculpture from an antique estate auction. I bought it because it was so was wonderful. A friend just brought to my attention that it could be valuable. What's the best way to find out?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing. Look on the base, back and bottom for any marks at all.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't see any markings in the metal. Here are some pictures of the sculpture, though

This is a planter made of patinated metal that is a representation of the temple monkeys in Mumbai, India.

Here is a more recent example sold by The Bombay Company with the same concept.

This piece, in my opinion, was made in India within the past 30 years for expert here as a decorative piece.

This has a current value of $100 to $150.00.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I do not participate in the phone service, that was an automated pop-up.

Do click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit so that the site ill know I helped you today.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.