Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

I have a large carved architectural piece carved to depict a

Customer Question

I have a large carved wood architectural piece carved to depict a Hindu gods. The figures are in very deep relief - fully 3-D and extremely detailed. It was reportedly once part of a Temple, possibly in India. It is aprox. 6 inches thick and 40" wide at the base. The top width is closer to 30"
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Just that it was sold by a professional interior designer in the '50s to a family who has displayed it in their home until now. They were told it was once a part of the exterior of a Temple. Is is a very impressive piece.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Antique carved architectural temple pieces can sell for a few thousand on today's market. Feel free to send images at your convenience. There is not an additional charge for adding photos here.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.