rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a lithograph the road winter it says it's published

Customer Question

I have a lithograph the road winter it says it's published by in career*****, New York and in the fine print on the left it says nourish lithograph will live and then it says entered according to the act of Congress in the year 1853 by in career on the clerks office of the District Court of the Southern District of New York
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.

This is a Currier and Ives print titled The Road, Winter published in 1853.

If it says N. Currier (I am trying to decipher your speech-to-text) then it

is an authentic Currier print. This piece has a value of $450.00.

Do click the stars to accept this answer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have just read that my print is too small to be original

You did not tell me the size, the original description you gave was hard to understand completely.

In this case of the print not being an original, the print is not without value.

It is still worth $100 to $125.00.

Do click the stars to accept my answer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am still confused by the information about to lithographs. Even though this has dots and dashes and the colors are over painted like they describe, did they only do the liths in one size for each? Mine is 8 1/8 by 12 1/8. Says lith by N Currier NY in right corner. I Knirsch lith in left.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
O Knirsch

This was printed in ink then hand colored. That is what is called a hand-colored lithograph.

The original is 17 3/8 x 26 1/16, so yours is a hand colored lithograph printed in a smaller size, therefore not printed from the original large printing plate. It would have been photographed for lack of a better term and them reprinted in a reduced size. This makes it just a print on paper. I know it is hard to understand.

Do click the stars after you have read this answer.