Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have an antique Victorian sofa that I am being offered

Customer Question

I have an antique Victorian sofa that I am being offered thousands upon thousands of dollars for ! But I do not know it's true value any help would be greatly appreciated
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.
Hello, What is the amount you are being offered and is the offer from a collector who will use it or a dealer who plans to re-sell? ~Nora
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
15,000
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I only have two more hours until the offer is is no longer available. I urgently need an answer! thank you
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.
Hi, Quite honestly, this Victorian style is not currently in vogue with designers, decorators and home owners. In general, it is very difficult to sell Victorian and it rarely goes for more than a couple hundred. If the offer is legitimate, I highly recommend selling at this stellar offer price. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can you give me any information in regard to brand year etc? It sounds like a stellar price but I have seen similar sofas sell between 30 and 50,000 ... Thus you can see my reluctance at 15,000 of letting it go ! What is your appraisal on my item ?
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.
Hello, It is a mid 19th century tufted leather, chesterfield style upholstered and gilded wood Victorian sofa in a Rococo-Revival French Louis-Style. Without a maker label, tag or mark, who made this cannot be definitively stated. On today's market, these realistically sell for not much higher than $2000 - $3000 maximum. It is important to bear in mind that actual selling costs can be vastly different from seller asking prices. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora