Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a doll that says J M on the back of the head. IT

Customer Question

I have a doll that says J M on the back of the head. IT looks like antique, but I think it is a reproduction. It is in excellent shape, no wear to it. This is why I say it is a reproduction. It is 25" tall, jointed beautiful dress in a boy valet shorts hat and jacket with beautiful lace around the color. I looked up JM and all I could find was JM toy company in Texas and one doll on eBay for $20,000.00
thank you
judy rohrmayer
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nora, I don't know how to put picture on the computer. I thought maybe you could tell me the company. It looks like antique but I known it wouldn't be in excellent condition. It looks like you walk in the store in 1900 and bought it new. I have seen enough antique dolls on eBay to know it is not a real antique. that is why I say a reproduction. The Doll Hospital I took it too only does appraisal on antique dolls, which was a bummer, plus she wants $65 for each appraisal. I guess give me my money back and I will try again when I learn how to put picture on the net.
Judi
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Nora, I will have to wait til this weekend. I just had surgery on my hand and friend will not be here until then to take pictures.
thank I will save your email
judi
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

Anytime is fine - take your time and I hope you have a smooth recovery!

~Nora

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I thought you gave me a page where it said how to take pictures since I have never done that before. if I go to support@just answer it is an email page no introduction how to take a picture my friend will be here all weekend and Monday.
JUdi
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

Hi Judi,

Yes, here you go:

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora