Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

We have a chandelier which we do not know where or when it

Customer Question

We have a chandelier which we do not know where or when it was bought but estimate about 1940 in Clarksville Tn. It is very heavy, ornately decorated brass arms, in two tiers, each with four lights, and etched glass shades. It came from my husband's home but we never asked about it and now it is too late to find out. It is hanging from the very high ceiling in our condo but if wwe sell the condo sometime we would not include the light fixture and maybe sell it now. Where do we go to accomplish this?Thank you alex Garvin
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Hi Alex,

You would want to try to sell this through a local auction house or consignment shop in your area if you choose not to include it in the sale of the condo. You can also try to sell it on your own by placing an ad for it on facebook or craigslist.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you very much and I will be contacting you hopefully with a picture and a range of prices for your opinion.
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

You are very welcome and please feel free to send images over at your convenience.

In the meantime, if you could please take a moment to leave a rating for my services here by clicking the stars, I would really appreciate it.

This question thread will not close after a rating is left.

Thank you!