Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

Print of three black men playing cards entitled CALLED. Copy

Customer Question

Print of three black men playing cards entitled CALLED. Copy right 1898 by Knaffl & Bro, Knoxville, Tenn. Framed, approximate size of print exclusive of frame approximately 20' wide by 15 1/2 high. Print is in wooden frame with Tru Guard UV glass. Overall size of wood frame is 30'wide by 26' high. Is it rare, and what would approximate value be?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will send you pictures as requested, but there is no signature.
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

That is fine, you can send images at your convenience. No rush - there is not a time limit here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

These photo montages that were published by Knaffl & Bro can sell for an average of $50 - $100 for reprints from the 1950-1960's and up to $225 - $300 for originals from 1898. I can help confirm what you have if you would like to send images. There is not an additional charge to add pictures here.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

I received the images, thank you. Yours is a 1950 - 1960's reprint of the 1898 photo series. They sell for $50 - $100 each on today's market.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora