Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have two antique dolls. 1. 27" marked - "99 DEP Germany"

Customer Question

Hi, I have two antique dolls. 1. 27" marked - "99 DEP Germany" in Very good condition. I believe made by Heinrick & Handwerck, produced by Simon Halberg?
2. 24" Marked - "63 Germany" in good condition. Do not know anything more on this doll. Would appreciate additional information on these dolls and what they could sell for. Thank you. ***** -***@******.***
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Have pictures, but do not know how to attach here. Can I send by email?
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~OR~

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sent attached pictures. Did you get them?
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin. I will certainly let you know when they do arrive to me.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

Your 27" 99 Handwerck doll can sell for $600 - $700 on today's market.

The doll marked 63 Germany sells for under $100 on today's market.

The doll market currently is relatively flat compared to over a decade ago and before the recession.

If interested in selling these, I highly recommend having them placed at auction at Theriault's, as they specialize in antique dolls. Here is a link for you to their website: https://www.theriaults.com/

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora