rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I would like to know the value of the 4 Japanese canvas oil

Customer Question

I would like to know the value of the 4 Japanese canvas oil painting I have signed by SHIN?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Please use the Add Files feature to add pictures of the painting, signature and back of frame.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They are uploaded.
Hello Yvette,Thank you for the great photos.There are some 40 listed artist with the last name of SHIN, so it took a while to look through them all for style and signature matches.The result is that this artist was not a listed artist but a regional artist that did not become high in the echelon of collectible art. The name Shin is of South Korean origin in most cases and a few Japanese share this last name. The images in the art could really be from either country. These paintings are acrylic on canvas and not oil. Acrylic is a plastic polymer that has more of a sheen when it is dried and does not blend into other strokes like oil paint does.This set of four scenic Asian paintings, created within the past 30 years, have a current value of $225.00 as a set of four.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.