Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

HOW DO YOU IDENTIFY ORENTIAL MARKINGS. I HAVE A VASE WITH A

Customer Question

HOW DO YOU IDENTIFY ORENTIAL MARKINGS. I HAVE A VASE WITH A RED SQUARE ON THE BOTTOM WITH DIFFERANT SYMBLES IN THE SQUARE
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

Please send a clear, in-focus image of the mark on the underside.

~Nora

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hope this is clearer, thank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hope you receive this
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
where do I find your response
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your patience. The impressioned mark on your vase roughly translates to Da Qing Qianlong Nian Zhi which means Great Qing Dynasty, Qianlong Period, Made. On Chinese marked pieces, the 'period made' on the mark does not actually mean that is when the object dates to and was made, instead it means it was done in the style that came about in the mentioned period. Your vase dates to the late 19th to early 20th century and done in an 18th century style. On today's market, your vase can sell for $150 - $350.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I expected more information on marking like date, ect. Sorry
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

Your vase dates to the late 19th to early 20th century, or 1890 - 1910 and done in an 18th century style.

The impressioned mark on your vase roughly translates to Da Qing Qianlong Nian Zhi which means Great Qing Dynasty, Qianlong Period, Made. On Chinese marked pieces, the 'period made' on the mark does not actually mean that is when the object dates to and was made, instead it means it was done in the style that came about in the mentioned period.

On today's market, your vase can sell for $150 - $350.

~Nora