Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a magnify glass elophant ivory handel carving the

Customer Question

i have a magnify glass elophant ivory handel carving
the carving is a china butis story the elophant carving
it is about 9 inches long with scrimsha on the handel about 9 to 15 chinese buda figures telling a story
so if u can help me get a value on it call me(###) ###-####
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
did u get the pics
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i even have some elves prestly memorabliea
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
call me if u wanna talk dont like typing
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
why do i got to keep paying fees dont like this wouldnt have payed the first fee i could just go to a pawn shop but wanted to know what my stuff is worth before getting ripped of by the pawn shop
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, There are no images showing here on my end. How did you transmit the pictures? I will be happy to help with an Elvis item, however please note that I only assess one item per question here. You can start a new question, and if you would like to work with me personally, please add "For Nora Only" at the beginning of the new posting. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for your patience. When ivory was permitted for sale at auction and online, about ten years ago, these antique carved Asian ivory handle magnifying glasses sold for $300 - $500. Currently there is a widespread ban on selling ivory of any age at auction or online because of the current illegal slaughter of elephants for the ivory market. Some sellers "skirt" this by labeling the item 'carved bone' or 'ox bone' when selling these currently. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i just got a lot of native arts and crafts antique stuff and antigue beed work from 1890 to 1910 from my great grandmother
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
im a alaskan eskimo and live in bethel ak
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, That sounds like a very nice collection to inherit. I will be happy to help you with values, however I only assess one item or matched set per question here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
o i also have a seal rain coat need to dig out of the stuff from 1880 or 1890
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
I can help with that as well in a new question thread if you like. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
they would use the stoamàk or intestests or something with a story line of hunting seals on it and masks that whete made by my great grand father made out of ivory and wood
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Sounds like a very fine personal collection.
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.