Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

I have two antique Chinese paintings on silk. I understand

Customer Question

I have two antique Chinese paintings on silk. I understand that they were displayed on the doors of homes or businesses to indicate "protection". My interest is to establish a value and sell the works.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

What is the approximate size and can you provide a photo of the second one as well.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the print area is 14x28. The second one is very similar but not available at this time. They have been in my possession since the 1940's. A relative, a missionary doctor in China, probably brought them to this country in the early 1900's . They have been framed and hung in my home for at least 70 years.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have seen similar Japanese works that sell in the thousands$$$
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Is there any signature? Can you send a photo of the backside (do not remove from frame). ~Nora

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The back side is some type of cardboard. I think I have a signature on one print. I understand that the peacock and peony is traditional Chinese "Luck & Fortune". I don't have a signature at this time but I can get one tomorrow. I think the artist is a known 19th century artist
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

I will wait for additional images at your convenience. There is not a time limit here. ~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Your antique Chinese silk painted panels, if signed and by a prominent painter, could garner $9000 - $10,000 for the pair on today's auction market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.