Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a tapestry that was given to my grandmother about

Customer Question

I have a tapestry that was given to my grandmother about 1930. It's mounted on a board and attached to a wood frame in the back. Edges are starting to fray and is extremely dirty as it's never been cleaned. My question is-is it worth enough to send it to a tapestry restorer? I have pictures if you would like to see it. It's about 48" long and 24" tall.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

These generally sell for under $100 in good to excellent condition. The cost to restore would exceed the value of this piece, so it would be a sentimental investment vs financial if done.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Why do they sell for so much online then if it's only worth $100 at best?