Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

I have Mags from my dads collection- ranges from 1959 to

Customer Question

I have Playboy Mags from my dads collection- ranges from 1959 to 1970 ( I do NOT have the #1 issue though. What are they worth, where can I sell them?
I also have 100 Underground comics that are in very good/mint shape. (R Crumb is in there too From #0- #8). What are they worth and where can I sell them/
Thanks,
Beth
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 6 months ago.
Hello Beth,My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.We ordinarily answer just one question per request. I'll be happy to do your Playboys, unless you want me to do the Underground comics instead.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Playboy first please.
Please understand before we begin that I am only valuing your Playboys. For the Underground Comix, you'll have to open another question. Now I need the date and condition of each of your Playboys.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They are from 1959,1960-1970
They are in 'good' condition.
Beth, I need you to list each one, with its exact date and its condition. In order to give you the values, I have to know what you have.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There are over 300. I want to sell as a group. I can't list all here. Just need to know where I can sell these please
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
March 1959 vol6#2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11...
All in very good condition. Covers are good.
If you want to sell them as a group, I recommend selling them locally. You can advertise on craigslist.com (free) or in your local newspaper. You can also post notices on supermarket bulletin boards, or take them to a local antiques show and offer them to the paper dealers there (be discreet - the show promoters don't like outsiders selling at their shows).You might also try the bulletin boards of English and Art departments at a local college. As a group, you can probably expect to get approximately $600 for the lot. I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Beth.If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.Thank you so much!
Hi Beth,I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about this item. I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.