Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

I have some MINTON china with a mark of a globe/crown with

Customer Question

I have some MINTON china with a mark of a globe/crown with MINTONS inside and in between leaves. Also has EST.1793., then a flag banner with BROMLEY, then MADE. IN ENGLAND. Also has a diamond mark with three sides darker than the right bottom side. Also has MINTON CHINA 7 - 43 embedded. Also has a small gold slash under a number ex: S 340 3. . Also a light red mark above the number I can only describe to look like a hollowed out pineapple? Are these markings normal for Minton china or are these markings/numbers something special?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not know how to send my picture
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Yes, the markings your describe on your china are typical for Mintons. Bromley is the pattern name. The Made in England on the mark indicates these were produced after 1892. S340 is another name for the pattern and shape number. The other marks were in-house inventory and quality control measures. Mintons china in general is special in and of itself, however the marks on yours are typical of all their wares.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.