LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I purchased a table and 5 chairs for $25.00. I am almost

Customer Question

I purchased a table and 5 chairs for $25.00. I am almost positive they are Chippendale chairs they have been painted white. They have metal tags on them that say B986 John Wanamaker Fine Furniture New York. The dining table doesn't really match the chairs. I have 4 chairs and 1 with the side arms on it. The table has claw feet on it. Very old.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Can you please post a few photos with clear close ups of the metal plate and any markings. This will help giving you an accurate value to the pieces.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I e-mailed the pictures to customer support this afternoon.

Hello, no I have not received the photos as of yet please resend them to***@******.*** and be sure you put "forCustomerquot; in the email so they know to send them on to me. I will post back as soon as I receive the photos Thank you for letting me know I look forward to helping you

Hello, no I have not received the photos as of yet please resend them to***@******.*** and be sure you put "forCustomerquot; in the email so they know to send them on to me. I will post back as soon as I receive the photos

I received the photos of the chairs today. John Wanamaker did not make any furniture at all. Wanamaker was the large department store in New York and Philadelphia and sold articles made by number of independent manufacturers. Wanamaker was a high end store. The photos I received do believe to look like Chippendale chairs however they have been painted and reupholstered. The value of these chairs in today's market as is holds a value of 125.00 each and the chair with arms holds a value of 145.00. I did not receive the photo of the table and can not guess a value on that one.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all question